Saturday, August 21, 2010

Under the Sea with Razzy

As I previously mentioned, my first amigurumi book was Amigurumi World: Super Cute Crochet. Before realizing I could find free patterns on great sites like Ravelry and Crochet Pattern Central, I used Amigurumi World for my first several amis. The octopus was one of the patterns that made me swoon, eventually leading to the purchase of the book. I couldn't believe how cute he was! This was my 3rd ami ever made, and I'm really proud of it. To this day, it holds up to my most recent ones. The hardest part was to fit all 8 legs and make them look good. I named him Razzy. :)


Materials used:

3.75 (F) hook
Red Heart Super Saver (body and legs-Lavender )
Pink felt
9mm safety eyes
Poly Fluff stuffing
Yarn needle

I worked on him from April 17-25.

3 comments:

  1. Too cute! I have pretty much all the books and have made several things. Now when I look at books now, I wonder if I can find a similiar pattern online.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my 1st amis was an octopus as well. You can check him out on my ravelry page (kissingtoast) I agree that the positioning of the legs was the hardest part. Yours is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks you two! The legs were definitely the hardest, but I think it was rewarding once done.

    Gracey is not my name, I think the same thing. It's nice to have a book to take everywhere, but I've been using my iphone as a way to crochet on the go w/ online patterns.

    Kissingtoast, your octopus is adorable!

    ReplyDelete