Friday, September 3, 2010

The Dinosaur Says RAAAARRRRR

Happy Labor Day weekend to everyone in the US! Please have a fun and safe holiday. Enjoy the last days of summer.

I took part in my first swap in August, and I had a great time. It was the swap from $10 Amigurumi Swap on Ravelry. I'm still waiting on my package to arrive from my swap partner, but I wanted to share the dinosaur I made for it. I'll share the full swap package in a separate post once I receive mine.

A few of you probably remember the progress from WIPW 2 and WIPW 3, in which I shared the beginning head and neck of the dino and then when he was almost complete. Now I present to you, the dinosaur finished! This was my first amigurumi from scratch with no pattern. If I were to make him again, I would change a few things, but I'm still really happy the way he turned out. To be honest, it was hard to send him away!

Materials used:

4.00 mm (G) hook
Loops & Threads Impeccable (whole dino- Deep Forrest)
2 buttons (for the eyes)
Poly Fluff stuffing
Yarn needle



To see all pictures of this dinosaur, please click here!

9 comments:

  1. I feel like we are following him on his outdoor adventure, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, thanks Alea! It was a perfect place to photograph him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, he's a cutie! I think it's always hard to gift something that you've spent so much time making, but in the end that's what makes handmade gifts so special!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Rachiella. I love it too. :)

    elephantJuice, thanks! You're very right. It's awesome to get one in return with a swap and see how much time and fun they had in theirs as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. He looks great! I just finished something, but it is also for a swap, so no pics yet..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait to see when you can share it, Tammy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, he is great! He's very realistic yet super cute!

    ReplyDelete