Monday, September 13, 2010

Paris, Anyone?

Sorry I was MIA this weekend, but I tried to stay away from the computer and get a few things done in my life for a change! Isn't it amazing how easy it is to get sucked into the internet?

I wanted to thank everyone for voting in the FO Friday poll. It seems there are a few of you who are interested, so I'm going to try it for a few weeks and see how many participate and how much stress it is to try and get something completed and posted each Friday. I post on the writing blog I co-own (YAedge) Fridays, so what's one more blog each to schedule on Thursday? This Friday, the 17th, will be the first FO Friday including a Mr. Linky for everyone to share their FO Friday posts. Can't wait to see everyone's finished work!

If you remember, week 5 of WIPW I shared a beret I started for a friend of mine based on the Crochet Today! pattern from the August 2010 issue (with a few slight tweaks thanks to Alea!). Originally it was going to be part of her Christmas present, but the further I got on it, I realized it was best suited for her birthday which is in October. I like the way it turned out, despite not being a huge fan of berets. It turned out really soft and fit me, so hopefully it's her size as well!

I bought the yarn (Bernat Alpaca) when I was first learning to crochet (two skeins of it) because I thought it was pretty and loved the feel of it. Of course, being new, I had trouble working with the bulky, slippery yarn. I'm glad that I tucked it away instead of wasting it. I really enjoyed working with it (using a larger hook) and would buy it again. It was pretty affordable and great in texture. This project took one full skein.

The true color of the yarn is in the first picture. Sorry for the darkness in the last two pics.

Materials Used:

6.00 mm (J) hook
6.50 mm (K) hook
1 skein Bernat Alpaca (Aqua)
Yarn needle

I worked on the hat September 8-9.

1 comment: