Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Dyeing for Fun Part 11

Happy Tuesday, everyone! I hope you aren't getting tired of my dyeing posts each week, but I love to share my new colorways before I open shop. It's nice to see which you all like, dislike, etc. Today I'm going to share a colorway that I actually dyed the same day I made the Strawberry Margarita colorway. I guess you could say that I went on a dyeing frenzy. I'll have one more to share next week from that one session. Today I'm sharing a very happy and bright colorway, Blue Raspberry. It's kettle dyed so that there is slight variation within the skein.




Colorway: Blue Raspberry
Fiber content: 100% Merino Wool
Weight: DK weight
Yardage: 246 yards
Unit Weight: 100 grams
Care: Hand wash/Dry flat
Dyed with: Wilton's Icing Dye

7 comments:

  1. Very yummy. For some reason that skein just screams 'mittens' to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooh lovely lovely lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. nursenikkiknits, it would make adorable mittens! :)

    Dina, thanks!

    Cris, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that color! I've been on a dyeing frenzy myself lately. I need to start blogging about them. I should try dyeing a single color kettle dyed. Haven't tried that yet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this color! I must follow you :-) I'm a newish knitter and occasional spinner, but haven't ventured into dying yet. I did buy a large bag of white rove awhile back though. I'm feeling inspired again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kathleen, thank you! I love blue raspberry flavor, too. I love that you noticed the theme of my names. It goes with my new company name, which will be announced soon. :P

    suddenexpression, thank you! You do need to start blogging about them! Kettle dyed is so fun, and easy. Just make sure to add color a few times to get most of the white spots out of it.

    Jeanne, thank you for the follow and the kind words about the yarn. Dyeing is a blast. You must try it! I have yet to dye roving myself, but I hear it's pretty much the same. Check out some of the dye groups on Ravelry. My favorite is What a Kool Way To Dye.

    ReplyDelete