Thursday, April 5, 2012

A Few Candy Skein Announcements


Hi everyone! Before I get to the Life as an Indie Dyer post for the day, I needed to get a few very important Candy Skein announcements out of the way.

First off, since the Columbia Gorge Fiber Festival is April 20-22, and I have to travel to Oregon, I will be closing the shop from April 17-April 30th. This gives me time to travel home, take inventory of what remains (hopefully not much!), order new yarn and also update the website.

The great news is, in that time I hope to also convert the website so that you can check out (securely of course) straight from Candyskein.com and you won't have to worry about going to Artfire or Etsy. I will still be keeping the Artfire and Etsy shops, this will give you one more option.

Don't worry though, due to closing for almost two weeks and the new Hunger Games inspired sock pattern that will be released soon for this yarn, I will continue selling Butter Mints through May, as well as sell a May '12 Sock Club colorway. I will also still be taking custom orders at this time, and you can email me at candyskein (at) gmail (dot) com for any inquiries.


In other big news, due to the price of Merino wool going up for the second time since I've opened Candy Skein's virtual doors, I will be raising prices on all yarn with Merino bases on April 15th. I just found out about the large price increase from my yarn supplier last week, and knew that I couldn't absorb the higher cost like I had last year. I have kept the prices still extremely competitive to all indie dyers online. I hope you understand and continue to use Candy Skein as your indie yarn shop.

The new cost is as follows:

Yummy Lace: $22
Yummy Fingering: $20
Yummy DK: $18
Yummy Worsted: $18
Yummy Chunky: $18

Tempting Sock: $23

Ripening Tonal: $22
Ripening Gradient: $24

The price of the Delicious yarns will stay the same, as the price is not increasing for alpaca/silk/cashmere.

No comments:

Post a Comment